I love this brownie recipe. I try not to make it very often because I can't leave them alone, especially if I have a freshly brewed pot of coffee, which means I will have one for breakfast if they are in the house!
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 tsps vanilla, divided
1 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup nuts, chopped
1 package (12 0z.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 0z.) sweetened condensed milk
1. Mix together the melted butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs, milk, and 1 1/2 tsps vanilla. Mix well.
3. Addflour, cocoa, and baking powder, mix well.
4. Stir in nuts.
5. Spread batter into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
6. Just before the brownies are finished baking, melt the chips with the sweetened condensed milk and the remaining vanilla. Remove from the heat.
7. Immediately spread the fudge mixture over the hot cooked brownies. Chill completely.
8. Cut into bars. Makes 2-3 dozen.