Sunday, November 30, 2008

THE PERFECT DAY

On Friday it was my birthday and I had the PERFECT day.  It all started out with convincing Mark we had to be out of bed by 5:00 a.m. to get the best deals of the day.  Remember-great deals=great day! After 2 hours of shopping and several great deals Jed and Ashlee treated us to breakfast.  We then only went to a couple more stores and ended up leaving Kohl's and going home because the checkout line at Kohl's I swear  was 2 hours.  When I got home I had this beautiful flower arrangement from my sisters.  I then opened my presents from my kids and Mark.  I got darling polka dotted towels, hand soap and lotion, gift certificate from Rod Works (one of my very favorite stores), black scarf and mittens, and a digital picture frame. Mark and I then went to work.....we put up 3 inch bead board in one of our guest bedrooms. We still need to paint it and put the base boards on.  When it is all finished I will be posting pictures but I LOVE it. We then went to Market Street for dinner and for dessert I had sabayon, which is absolutely delicious! (I decided that is going to be my recipe for the week.) Then to top the day off  when we got home Mark gave me a massage which is one of my favorite things!  What a perfect day!!











3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am glad you had a great birthday - you deserved it!! And I can't wait to see how the bead board turns out!

Nancy said...

Again, Happy (belated) Birthday Trish! I actually thought I was going to get a card in the mail for you this year, but...worked 48 hours over Thanksgiving...guess it was Thanksgiving anyway...didn't seem like it! Glad you had a great birthday!
Love, Nancy

Promise to Be There said...

SOUNDS LIKE A DAY FROM HEAVEN,
YOU DESERVED IT!