Happy New Year!! What a terrific time to reflect on the past year and think about setting some new goals for the new year. My personal goals are to eat healthier, excerise more, spend less time on the computer, and do more for others. The other day I came across these 15 tips to help us to be better people and to be more effective with other people and I thought I would share them with you. Let's all make this the best year ever!!!!
1. To be a friend, you must be one.
2. Don't try to impress others. Let them impress you.
3. People hunger to be needed, wanted, and loved. Help create these feelings for others.
4. Be Kind to people. You can't always love them, but you can be kind to them.
5. Learn to like yourself. Others will respond to you the way you respond to yourself.
6. Be enthusiatic. Nothing significant was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
7. Be Positive. Positive people attract others; negative people repel others.
8. Do things to make people feel important. Write a letter, give a compliment, say thank you. Praise, encourage, support, and cooperate.
9. Call a person by name. Use people's names often in converstion.
10. Avoid Arguments.
11. Be a good listener. The way you listen has a greater effect on others than the way you talk.
12. Unless you can say something worthy about a person, say nothing.
13. If you're going to make fun of someone, make sure it's yourself.
14. Communicate cheerfulness. Smile, be pleasant, and talk about the brighter things in life.
15. Be genuinely interested in others. Get them to talk about themselves, ask for their opinions, ideas and viewpoints.